Animals are useful and beneficial to human beings in many ways but some animals are harmful also.
Benefits from animals to man:
1. Food material - Animal provide various types of food material i.e. meat, eggs, milk, honey etc.
2. Cloth - Raw silk and wool are obtained from the animals which are used in the production of cloth (woolen and silken).
3. Medicines - Liver oil and liver extracts are obtained from the liver of fishes and other animals. Some hormones are also extracted from certain organs of the animals.
4. Fuel - Cow dung when dried is used as fuel.
5. Manure - Compost (manure) is made by decomposition of animals excreta and commonly used in agriculture fields.
6. Tilling of soil - This is done by the earthworms which expose out the under soil while feeding and burrowing.
7. Transport - Horses, camels, mules, donkeys, bulls and buffaloes are used as pack animals and for pulling carts etc for transportation.
8. Ornaments - Ivory (elephants), pearls (Oysters) and corals which are used in making ornaments are obtained from different animals.
9. Industry - Leather, honey, wax, lac are industrial products obtained from animals.
10. Other uses - Bristles of pigs are used in brushes. Some birds are useful in a way that they eat many insect pests of crops, fruits and grains. Insects and birds help in pollination and dispersal of seeds of plants.