1.A rhinoceros’ name means “nose horn”. That horn must be heavy.
- A female rhino is called a cow.
- A male rhino is called a bull. Hopefully its peaceful when it sees the color red. 😉
- A baby rhino is called a calf.
5.There are five rhino species, the Black Rhinoceros, the White Rhinoceros, the Indian Rhinoceros, the Javan Rhinoceros, and the Sumatran Rhinoceros.
- The five species of rhinoceros live in various habitats, three live in southern Asia and two in Africa.
- White rhinos can weigh over 3500 kg!!! Even an elephant can’t carry that.
- White rhinoceros are the second largest land mammal after elephants.
- Did you know that three of the rhino species are endangered?
- Rhinos have thick protective skin.
- How are rhinos and ostriches alike? They both have small brains. 🙂
- Rhinos horns are made from a protein called keratin, the same thing that fingernails and hair are made of.
- Hunters hunt rhinos for their horns.
- Rhinoceros are herbivores which means that they eat plants.
- A group of rhinos are called a ‘herd’ or a ‘crash’.
16. White Rhino are grey, not white.